Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper (ankle) is expected to begin practicing after the team's August 13 preseason game, per Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
Cooper is recovering from an ankle procedure he had in early June. Jones also expects Cooper to be able to play some preseason snaps ahead of the Cowboys' Thursday night opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Cooper led the Cowboys with a 30.4 percent target share in four games with Dak Prescott under center last season, but his rehab and the development of CeeDee Lamb, may result in less volume in 2021.
Cooper is currently the WR11 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect him to barely out-target Lamb 143.0-135.9 while leading the Cowboys with 97.0 receptions for 1,350.8 yards and 7.35 touchdowns. Cooper led all Cowboys' skill-players with 0.73 Reception Net Expected Points per target last season.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown September 20th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb paces Cowboys with 8 catches, 81 yards September 20th, 2021
- Cowboys elevate guard Zack Martin off of COVID list September 13th, 2021
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup (calf) out at least 3 weeks September 10th, 2021
- Zack Martin (COVID-19) out for Cowboys' Week 1 contest against Tampa Bay September 6th, 2021