Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks
The Green Bay Packers and wide receiver Davante Adams have "broken off long-term extension talks," reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Adams. The two sides made an effort to work out a deal, but the Packers' proposals "have not acknowledged Adams as the highest paid wide receiver," per Rapoport. Adams said last month that he won't hold out because he wants to avoid fines. The 28-year-old receiver earned his first All-Pro honors last year after leading the NFL with 98.1 receiving yards per game and 18 touchdowns.
Adams is currently the WR3 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 177.5 targets, 123.2 receptions, 1,477.9 yards, and 12.27 touchdowns this season. Among the 34 receivers with at least 100 targets last season, Adams had the best catch rate (77.2 percent) and he added the eighth-most Reception Net Expected Points per target.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- Packers' Za'Darius Smith (back) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Saints August 22nd, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers not looking for a "farewell tour" in potential final season with Green Bay August 18th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (hamstring) returns to practice Monday August 16th, 2021
- Packers' Jordan Love dealing with shoulder injury August 15th, 2021
- Pelissero: Packers working on acquiring Randall Cobb from Texans July 27th, 2021