Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley is opening training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list.
This always seemed to be a possibility, as Barkley is still in the process of recovering from a torn ACL. While the placing of him on this list can seem ominous, the current expectation is that the superstar rusher should be ready to go for Week 1. However, the situation should still be monitored as the regular season nears. Devontae Booker and Corey Clement figure to see large upticks in workload should Barkley be sidelined or even limited to start the year.
Our models currently project Barkley for 1,334.24 rushing yards on 289.70 carries for 10.98 touchdowns. They also project him for 65.72 catches on 89.75 targets for 490.89 yards and 2.91 scores.
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley (knee) active for Giants on Thursday Night Football September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) ruled out for Giants on Thursday September 15th, 2021
- Evan Engram (calf) progressing for Giants September 14th, 2021