Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield
New England Patriots running back Damien Harris is the "surefire No. 1" backfield option, writes Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.
Reiss also said a couple weeks ago that Harris had a "decisive edge" as the Patriots' lead back over rookie Rhamondre Stevenson and cut-candidate Sony Michel. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick praised Harris for his preparation this offseason and overall work ethic. "He's got a lot of skill and he can contribute in a variety of ways, and he's looking to upgrade where he is in every area," Belichick added. Harris' ADP is RB31, per Fantasy Football Calculator, but he is the RB26 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings.
numberFire's models project Harris for 220.3 carries, 944.6 rush yards, 11.1 receptions (15.2 targets), 79.6 receiving yards, and 11.5 total touchdowns this season. Among all running backs in 2020, Harris earned the second-best offensive grade (90.3) and third-best rushing grade (86.9) from Pro Football Focus.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021
- Nelson Agholor (ankle) doesn't practice for Patriots Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson dealing with dislocated thumb September 8th, 2021