Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back
Arizona Cardinals running back Chase Edmonds is in line to be the featured back, according to Adam Beasley of Pro Football Network.
"A source tells us that the Cardinals’ training camp battle at running back might be a battle in name only. Rather, Edmonds is the favorite to be the team’s featured back after splitting time with Kenyan Drake in 2020." While this is just an early report, it wouldn't be surprising. Edmonds has been solid for the Cardinals for a couple years now, and he looked to be the best back on the team last year over Drake. Free-agent signee James Conner will likely have a sizable role with the team after leaving the Steelers, but it looks like Edmonds is on track to be the lead guy.
Our models currently project Edmonds for 806.74 rushing yards on 187.34 carries with 7.32 touchdowns. They also project him for 46.55 catches on 60.91 targets for 330.71 yards and 2.02 touchdowns.
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray expected to play "some snaps" against Chiefs on Friday August 18th, 2021
- Matt Carpenter hitting fifth for Cardinals on Saturday night August 14th, 2021
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk (undisclosed) back at practice Thursday August 5th, 2021
- Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back July 8th, 2021
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore excelling at "making the first guy miss" June 21st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021