Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps
Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields will get "a lot" of playing time in the preseason, per Albert Breer of SI.com.
Bears head coach Matt Nagy has insisted that Dalton will be the team's starting quarterback for Week 1, but if Fields performs well in the preseason, Nagy could be inclined to change his mind. Allen Robinson and the rest of the Bears' pass-catchers would carry higher upside if Fields were to be named starter.
Fields finished in the 98th-percentile in efficiency as a passer and he ranked 20th in yards on deep passes, per Pro Football Focus. numberFire's J.J. Zachariason's initial projections for Fields include 3,553 passing yards and 21.5 passing touchdowns with 367 rushing yards and 3.4 rushing scores.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Bears want David Montgomery at 20 carries per game July 13th, 2021
- Jahns: Chicago's Darnell Mooney looked 'more polished and explosive' during offseason July 12th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps June 21st, 2021
- Matt Nagy: 'Andy Dalton is our starter' for Chicago's Week 1 regular season matchup June 20th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign Andy Dalton to 1-year $10 million contract March 16th, 2021
- Bears franchise tag Allen Robinson March 9th, 2021