Matt Nagy: 'Andy Dalton is our starter' for Chicago's Week 1 regular season matchup
According to head coach Matt Nagy, Chicago Bears quarterback Andy Dalton is currently Week One's regular season starter against the Los Angeles Rams.
Despite Chicago's recent first round selection, head coach Matt Nagy has been very supportive of Andy Dalton as his Week One starting quarterback. "Andy Dalton is our starter," said Nagy to Cris Collinsworth when asked about his quarterbacks. "Justin is our number 2 and we are going to stick with this plan. You just got to trust the plan."
Expect Dalton to open as Chicago's first-string signal caller despite an average 69.6 offensive Pro Football Focus Rating last season on 333 attempts. numberFire's models currently project the veteran to produce 195.5 completions for 12.3 touchdowns and 2,055.2 yards for a total of 127.8 Standard Fantasy Points.
- Kenny Golladay leaves Giants' training camp session early August 3rd, 2021
- Jets' Michael Carter reportedly impressing at Jets camp August 3rd, 2021
- Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative August 3rd, 2021
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Calvin Ridley has had "no setbacks" after offseason surgery August 2nd, 2021
- Nagy: Bears' Tarik Cohen "weeks away" from PUP activation August 3rd, 2021
- Bears want David Montgomery at 20 carries per game July 13th, 2021
- Jahns: Chicago's Darnell Mooney looked 'more polished and explosive' during offseason July 12th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps June 21st, 2021
- Matt Nagy: 'Andy Dalton is our starter' for Chicago's Week 1 regular season matchup June 20th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign Andy Dalton to 1-year $10 million contract March 16th, 2021