Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp
New York Jets wide receiver Denzel Mims is working behind Keelan Cole in three-wide sets, per Connor Hughes of The Athletic.
The Jets' receiving core has been limited by various injuries so far this offseason, but when everyone is healthy, Hughes believes three-wide sets will have Cole and Corey Davis on the outside with Jamison Crowder in the slot. He expects rookie Elijah Moore to be featured in a super-utility role with Mims just "checking in to stretch the field." Moore's role should grow as the year goes on, but Mims may struggle to see consistent snaps.
numberFire's models currently project Mims to draw the second-most targets (107.3) on the team this season behind Davis (112.9). Mims averaged 8.1 yards per target and Cole averaged 7.3 in 2020.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Texans acquire Anthony Miller in trade with Bears July 25th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Michael Carter flashing pass-catching chops for Jets June 7th, 2021
- Jets "love the progress" Zach Wilson has made June 7th, 2021
- Jets' Elijah Moore turning heads in OTAs June 7th, 2021