Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp
New York Jets wide receiver Denzel Mims is working behind Keelan Cole in three-wide sets, per Connor Hughes of The Athletic.
The Jets' receiving core has been limited by various injuries so far this offseason, but when everyone is healthy, Hughes believes three-wide sets will have Cole and Corey Davis on the outside with Jamison Crowder in the slot. He expects rookie Elijah Moore to be featured in a super-utility role with Mims just "checking in to stretch the field." Moore's role should grow as the year goes on, but Mims may struggle to see consistent snaps.
numberFire's models currently project Mims to draw the second-most targets (107.3) on the team this season behind Davis (112.9). Mims averaged 8.1 yards per target and Cole averaged 7.3 in 2020.
- Josh Jacobs (calf) questionable for Raiders' Week 12 matchup November 25th, 2022
- Russell Gage (hamstring) remains out for Buccaneers in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- San Francisco's Deebo Samuel (hamstring) questionable in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- Gerald Everett (groin) not listed on Chargers' Week 12 injuy report November 25th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (groin) out in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- Mike Williams (ankle) out for Chargers' Week 12 matchup November 25th, 2022
- Jets' Corey Davis (knee) logs full practice on Wednesday November 23rd, 2022
- Mike White to take over for Jets Week 12 November 23rd, 2022
- Jets benching Zach Wilson versus Bears November 23rd, 2022
- Jets' Corey Davis (knee) ruled out in Week 11 November 18th, 2022
- Corey Davis (knee) might return for Jets in Week 11 November 16th, 2022
- Jets' James Robinson (knee) available for Week 9 November 6th, 2022