Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp
New England Patriots wide receiver Jakobi Meyers will likely be the No. 1 option during training camp, writes Andrew Callahan of the Boston Herald.
Meyers led the Patriots in targets (81), catches (59), and yards (729) last season, and Callahan says "don't be surprised" if the 2019 undrafted free agent remains the top target in training camp this week. New England added Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne this offseason, as well as tight ends Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith, but Callahan believes Meyers will retain No. 1 status while all the new additions learn the playbook. N'Keal Harry figures to be the fourth receiver behind Meyers, Agholor, and Bournes.
numberFire's models currently project Meyers to lead the Patriots' receivers this season with 69.7 targets and 44.0 catches, just ahead of Agholor (65.9, 39.1). Meyers is the WR85 and Agholor is the WR87 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield July 13th, 2021
- N'Keal Harry requests trade from Patriots July 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Mac Jones forcing 'real competition' with Cam Newton June 21st, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021