Lions' T.J. Hockenson primed for a "big season" in 2021
Detroit Lions' tight end T.J. Hockenson is "headed for a big season" according to the Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett.
Hockenson is entering his third season in the NFL after being selected with the 8th overall pick in the 2019 draft. With Kenny Golladay now a member of the New York Giants, the Lions have a large vacancy in their pass game. Golladay had averaged 7.4 targets per game over his last three seasons. With Golladay injured for most of last year, Hockenson hauled in 67 receptions on 101 targets for 723 yards and 6 touchdowns.
numberFire's models project Hockenson for 79.9 receptions on 117.7 targets for 817.4 yards and 5.2 touchdowns in the upcoming season. He is the TE6 in our preseason projections.
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson primed for a "big season" in 2021 June 13th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021