Bengals hoping Joe Mixon improves in pass protection for 2021 season
Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon is aware that he needs to improve in pass protection this season, according to offensive coordinator Brian Callahan.
Callahan was emphatic in his praise for Mixon, stating that he "doesn't want Mixon to leave the field" and that Mixon "should be on the field every down". However, to get to that point, Callahan said Mixon has to improve pass protection-wise. Head coach Zac Taylor added that having Mixon on the field "makes us better, but that the same time, you don't need him on the field for 75 snaps a game."
numberFire's models project Mixon for 1,319.7 rushing yards, 8.40 rushing touchdowns, and 54.7 receptions on 72.9 targets for 392.4 receiving yards this season. He is the RB12 in our preseason projections.
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) avoids PUP list to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Bengals looking for even production among receivers July 14th, 2021
- Bengals believe C.J. Uzomah has 50-catch potential July 14th, 2021
- Tee Higgins 'more explosive' for Bengals this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Bengals hoping Joe Mixon improves in pass protection for 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) planning to begin "next phase" of recovery in February January 12th, 2021