Titans acquire Julio Jones from Falcons for multiple picks
The Tennessee Titans acquired wide receiver Julio Jones and a 2023 sixth-round pick from the Atlanta Falcons for a 2022 second-round pick and a 2023 fourth-round pick.
Jones will replace the departed Corey Davis as the Titans' other outside receiver opposite A.J. Brown. He may not average as many targets as he did in Atlanta (8.9 in healthy games last season), but Jones could carry more touchdown upside in what projects to be one of the best offenses in the league. Russell Gage and Olamide Zaccheaus will likely compete for the Falcons' No. 2 receiver job behind Calvin Ridley. Jones' departure also figures to result in more looks for first-round pick Kyle Pitts.
numberFire's models project Julio for 143.9 targets, 94.2 receptions, 1,203.9 yards, and 7.9 touchdowns next season. He is expected to register a 33.6 percent target share, compared to a 39.2-percent share for Brown. Jones is currently the WR16 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Titans cut Mike Badgley, elevate Randy Bullock September 14th, 2021
- Titans' Sam Ficken (groin) placed on injured reserve September 11th, 2021
- A.J. Brown (knee) returns to Titans' practice Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Titans activate Ryan Tannehill from COVID-19 list September 5th, 2021
- Titans' Brian Hill placed on injured reserve August 29th, 2021