Jets sign wide receiver Corey Davis to three-year deal
The New York Jets have agreed to terms with free agent wide receiver Corey Davis on a three-year, $37.5 million deal with $27 million guaranteed, Ian Rapoport reports.
Davis, the fifth-overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, is coming off of a breakout fourth season with the Tennessee Titans after initially taking time to find his stride in the NFL. While he was never able to reach the lofty expectations set for him by his high draft capital in Tennessee, Davis has proven himself to be a strong receiver occasionally capable of taking over games in his past three seasons.
Davis set career-highs in receiving yards (984), yards per game (70.3), yards per target (10.7), and touchdowns (5) in 2020 as the Titans' WR2 behind A.J. Brown, as well as earning PFF's eight-highest receiving grade. Davis will now have a chance to compete against 2020 second-round pick Denzel Mims for the Jets' top pass-catching role. Back in Tennessee, A.J. Brown will have little competition for targets after Davis and teammate Jonnu Smith's departures.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign free agent tight end Jonnu Smith to four-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Rodger Saffold (ankle) not listed on Titans' Wild Card injury report against Baltimore January 8th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee/hand) available for Wild Card clash with Ravens January 8th, 2021
- Tennessee's Rodger Saffold (ankle) absent on Thursday January 7th, 2021
- Tennessee's Jonnu Smith (knee) absent on Thursday December 24th, 2020
- Tennessee's Corey Davis flames Lions for 110 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 15 December 21st, 2020