Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne
The New England Patriots have agreed to terms with free agent wide receiver Kendrick Bourne on a 3-year, $22.5 million deal, Ian Rapoport reports.
Bourne entered the league as an undrafted free agent, but managed to carve out an important role in the San Francisco 49ers' offense in his four season with the team. While Bourne's season-long numbers won't jump off the page, he was a strong contributor in Kyle Shanahan's offenses with the 49ers.
Bourne will now compete with fellow free-agent-signings Jonnu Smith and Nelson Agholor for the Patriots' top pass-catching role in 2021. He posted a strong 9 yards per target and a career-high 667 receiving yards in 2020.
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Pats' Rhamondre Stevenson "impressed everyone" in spring practices June 20th, 2022
- Pats' James White (hip) participating but limited in spring practices June 12th, 2022
- Patriots' James White (hip) remains sidelined heading into training camp May 2nd, 2022
- Patriots acquire wide receiver DeVante Parker in trade with Dolphins April 2nd, 2022
- Pats' Jonnu Smith expected to participate in voluntary offseason program March 28th, 2022
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021