Bucs' Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) out for Sunday
Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) will miss today's NFC Championship game against the Green Bay Packers.
Winfield's absence is a pretty big hit to the Bucs' secondary, as well as in run defense; Winfield's 84.9 PFF Grade in run defense led all Bucs defenders.
While Winfield has been a strong presence in run defense and when rushing the passer, he has been a liability at times in coverage, allowing 13.5 yards per target over 39 targets this season. Still, his loss will negatively affect the Bucs as they take on the Packers.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Cameron Brate (back) questionable for Super Bowl LV February 5th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) practices in full Thursday February 4th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antoine Winfield says ankle 100 percent for Super Bowl February 4th, 2021