Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes dealing with turf toe
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is currently dealing with turf toe and could require surgery in the offseason, Ian Rapoport reports.
Mahomes strained his toe in last week's game against the Cleveland Browns before eventually leaving with his scary head injury, and while the star quarterback has been cleared from the concussion protocol, his toe is a "legitimate issue" according to Rapoport. He was able to play through the injury during last week's game and will likely continue to play on the injury with another championship on the line.
Mahomes' toe injury could affect his mobility in today's game, but fortunately the Bills have had a below-average pass-rush, so hopefully he'll be able to sit comfortably in the pocket. Our models currently project Mahomes to score 22.9 fantasy points in today's game.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) limited in practice on Wednesday February 3rd, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) limited participant in Kansas City's Wednesday practice February 3rd, 2021
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 2nd, 2021