Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach
The Jacksonville Jaguars have named Urban Meyer as the next head coach for the franchise.
This has been long speculated, as the Jaguars want a veteran hand to guide the team into his next era. That seems to be a driving force behind this move, and it also brings the former University of Florida coach back to the state. He'll have his pick of the bunch at quarterback, as the Jags have the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft - which will likely be Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence.
The Jaguars were the worst team in football in 2020, finishing with a 1-15 record including losing 15 straight.
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) misses practice Wednesday, uncertain for season finale December 30th, 2020
- Mike Glennon will finish out Jaguars' season under center December 30th, 2020