Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Josh Dobbs could be active for Sunday's Wild Card game against the Cleveland Browns.
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin says he and the Steelers offensive staff "openly talk about what Josh brings" to the offense. Dobbs made his first appearance of the season in Week 17 and completed 4-of-5 passes for 2 yards while also rushing twice for 20 yards. His involvement could add a creative wrinkle to a Steelers' offense that appeared to lose a step over the final month of the season. However, it lowers Ben Roethlisberger's ceiling and could take away goal-line opportunities from James Conner.
Dobbs, a 2017 fourth-round pick, set school records at the University of Tennessee in rushing yards (2,160) and rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (32). The Browns, meanwhile, allowed the fourth-most rushing yards to quarterbacks this season (380). Roethlisberger has a salary of $7,500 on FanDuel's Saturday slate.
- Carlisle: Mavericks' Kristaps Porzingis (back) expected to play in Saturday's game against Nets February 26th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020
- Eric Ebron produces 47 yards and 1 score in Colts' Week 16 win over Pittsburgh December 28th, 2020