Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey said Monday that he doesn't expect to require offseason surgery.
McCaffrey only played in three games this season due to a combination of thigh, shoulder, and ankle injuries. He was elite when on the field, as McCaffrey averaged 124.7 yards from scrimmage and racked up 6 touchdowns over the small sample size. Without any post-op rehab to worry about, McCaffrey should be 100 percent for the Panthers' offseason program. He turns 25 in June and is under contract for the next five seasons.
McCaffrey averaged 27.3 FanDuel points per game this season. Among the 76 running backs with at least 50 carries this season, he ranked 11th in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry. In regards to McCaffrey's pass-catching prowess, he added the second-most Reception Net Expected Points per target out of 76 backs with at least 15 targets.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery January 4th, 2021
- Panthers' Teddy Bridgewater replaced by P.J. Walker in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Carolina's Mike Davis (ankle) will not play in Week 17's matchup against Saints January 1st, 2021
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) fully practices on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) DNP on Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints December 30th, 2020