Philip Rivers, Colts advance to playoffs versus Bills
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Philip Rivers completed 17-of-27 attempts 164 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception in a 28-14, Week 17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
The yards set a season-low while Rivers attempted his fewest passes since Week 3 and completed his lowest total since the fourth game. He didn't need to do much with rookie Jonathan Taylor exploding for a career-high 253 rushing yards. However, Rivers and the Colts may need to rely more on their passing game next Saturday in their Wild Card matchup against the Buffalo Bills.
Rivers raised his touchdown percentage from 3.9 to 4.4 in his first stint with the Colts and lowered last year's interception rate from 3.4 to 2.0 percent. numberFire's models project Rivers for 15.1 FanDuel points in the Wild Card round and he has a salary of $6,900 on Saturday's slate. The Bills ranked 16th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the quarterback position during the regular season and 14th against the pass in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted defensive rankings.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Le'Veon Bell (knee) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl LV injury report February 5th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- Colts' Philip Rivers announces retirement after 17 seasons January 20th, 2021
- Colts' DeForest Buckner (ankle) officially available for Saturday's game against Buffalo January 9th, 2021
- Colts' Rocky Ya-Sin (concussion) DNP on Wednesday January 6th, 2021
- Philip Rivers, Colts advance to playoffs versus Bills January 4th, 2021
- Colts place Jordan Wilkins on reserve/COVID-19 list January 3rd, 2021