Colts' Anthony Castonzo undergoing season-ending ankle surgery
Indianapolis Colts starting left tackle Anthony Castonzo will have season-ending ankle surgery.
Castonzo will miss Week 17 versus the Jacksonville Jaguars, as well as the postseason if the Colts qualify. The Colts have given up 11 sacks in the 749 snaps Castonzo has played this season, compared to 10 sacks in the 274 snaps the team has played without him. It's a huge loss for Philip Rivers and the Colts' offense.
Castonzo enters Week 17 as Pro Football Focus' No. 20 pass-blocker among all offensive tackles this season. Per numberFire's NFL Heat Map, the Colts have the second-highest implied total (31.75 points) in Week 17.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- Colts' Philip Rivers announces retirement after 17 seasons January 20th, 2021
- Colts' DeForest Buckner (ankle) officially available for Saturday's game against Buffalo January 9th, 2021
- Colts' Rocky Ya-Sin (concussion) DNP on Wednesday January 6th, 2021
- Philip Rivers, Colts advance to playoffs versus Bills January 4th, 2021
- Colts place Jordan Wilkins on reserve/COVID-19 list January 3rd, 2021