La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17
The New York Jets placed running back La'Mical Perine on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Perine tested positive for the virus and will miss the final game of the season versus the New England Patriots. Frank Gore (lung contusion) also won't play, leaving backfield duties to Ty Johnson and Josh Adams. Johnson rushed 22 times for 104 yards and a touchdown earlier this year in his only game with double-digit carries.
Among the 75 backs with at least 50 carries this season, Perine ranks 63rd in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry. In terms of the Jets' backfield outlook for Week 17, the Patriots have the second-worst schedule-adjusted run defense in the league, according to numberFire's metrics.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Jets fire Adam Gase following Week 17's loss to New England January 3rd, 2021
- La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale December 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder throws, catches touchdown as Jets win again December 28th, 2020
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (calf) active for Week 15 December 20th, 2020