Dalvin Cook away from Vikings for family emergency, out Week 17
Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook (personal) will be unavailable to play in Week 17 against the Detroit Lions.
Cook had to return home to Florida for a family emergency and will miss the final game of the Vikings' season. Playing in his fourth season, the former second-round pick set career-highs in rushing yards (1,557), yards from scrimmage (1,918), and touchdowns (17). Alexander Mattison will start in a plum matchup against the Lions if he clears the concussion protocol. Mike Boone and Ameer Abdullah fill out the rest of Minnesota's backfield depth chart.
Among the 44 backs with at least 100 carries this season, Cook is adding the eighth-most Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt heading into the final week of the regular season. Mattison has a salary of $5,000 on FanDuel in Week 17 and could be the lead back against a Lions defense that is allowing the most FanDuel points per game to the running back position this season.
- Browns ink running back Nick Chubb to 3-year extension August 1st, 2021
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Vikings not eyeing larger role for Irv Smith Jr. in 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Alexander Mattison (concussion) not listed on Minnesota's Week 17 injury report January 1st, 2021
- Minnesota's Alexander Mattison (concussion) participates in Wednesday's practice December 30th, 2020
- Dalvin Cook away from Vikings for family emergency, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Vikings' Kyle Rudolph (foot) placed on injured reserve December 29th, 2020
- Vikings' Alexander Mattison (concussion) ruled out for Friday's matchup against New Orleans December 24th, 2020