James Robinson (ankle) shut down for Jaguars' finale
Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson (ankle) will be shut down for the final week of the season, head coach Doug Marrone announced.
Robinson will wind up missing the last two games of the season to finish off a brilliant rookie campaign. The undrafted free agent had at least 17 touches in every single game he played and enters the final week of the season with the fourth-most touches (289) in the league and sixth-most yards from scrimmage (1,414). Dare Ogunbowale will likely fill in as the Jaguars' lead back again versus the Indianapolis Colts in Week 17. He rushed 14 times for 71 yards last week and handled 17-of-21 touches in the Jaguars' backfield.
Ogunbowale is adding 0.05 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season, compared to the league average of 0.06 for running backs. He has a salary of $5,600 on FanDuel's Week 17 slate. The Colts have the No. 11 run defense in numberFire's schedule-adjusted rankings and rank No. 12 in terms of FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position.
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) misses practice Wednesday, uncertain for season finale December 30th, 2020
- Mike Glennon will finish out Jaguars' season under center December 30th, 2020