Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph will start in Week 17 against the Cleveland Browns, head coach Mike Tomlin announced.
Tomlin said Tuesday that he's "not overly concerned" about players maintaining their rhythm entering the postseason, so multiple starters may be rested. If not, Rudolph starting would be a downgrade for Diontae Johnson, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Chase Claypool. Rudolph completed 23-of-44 passes for 221 yards, 1 touchdown, and 4 interceptions versus the Browns last season before being bashed in the head with his own helmet.
The Browns are allowing the seventh-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season. Rudolph recorded an average depth of target of 8.1 yards last season.
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (rest) officially ruled out for Week 17's game against Browns January 1st, 2021
- Mason Rudolph starting for Steelers in finale versus Browns December 29th, 2020
- Eric Ebron produces 47 yards and 1 score in Colts' Week 16 win over Pittsburgh December 28th, 2020