Cam Newton benched, Patriots lose big to Bills
New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton was benched in the third quarter of Monday night's 38-9, Week 16 loss to the Buffalo Bills.
Newton completed just 5-of-10 passes for 34 yards and added 24 rushing yards with a score. He did have a would-be touchdown dropped on the Patriots' opening drive, but Newton's throwing arm seems completely broken at this point in his career. Jarrett Stidham may wind up making the start over Newton in Week 17 as the Patriots finish out their season against the New York Jets.
Cam finished with 9.8 FanDuel points on Monday. It was the fourth time this season that he failed to crack double digits and third straight below 15 points. Among the 36 quarterbacks with at least 200 dropbacks this season, Newton checks in at 29th in Passing Net Expected Points per attempt. The Jets are allowing the fifth-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season, but Newton nor Stidham have proven capable of taking advantage of a plus matchup.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne March 15th, 2021
- Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor March 15th, 2021
- Cam Newton re-signs with Patriots for one year, $14 million March 12th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ankle) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ankle) limited in practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020