JuJu Smith-Schuster sets, matches season-highs in Steelers win
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster caught 9 passes on 13 targets for 96 yards and a touchdown in a 28-24, Week 16 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
Smith-Schuster set a new season-high in receiving yards and reached his best catch total of the year for the third time. He drew one less target than Diontae Johnson but still led the Steelers in receptions and yards as Smith-Schuster was utilized more down the field. It was just the fourth time this year that Smith-Schuster averaged over 10.0 yards per reception and first since Week 9. The Steelers snapped their three-game skid in the process, so they may opt to use Smith-Schuster in a similar fashion next week against a Cleveland Browns team that Jamison Crowder just tagged for 92 yards and a score.
JuJu scored 20.1 FanDuel points on Sunday, eighth-most among wide receivers in Week 16. Per Pro Football Focus, his average depth of target was 8.4 yards, up from 5.2 yards over the previous six contests. Looking ahead, the Browns rank 24th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the wide receiver position this season.
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Calvin Ridley has had "no setbacks" after offseason surgery August 2nd, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game August 2nd, 2021
- 49ers' coach Kyle Shanahan would be "very surprised" if rookie Trey Lance starts Week 1 August 2nd, 2021
- Panthers rookie Terrace Marshall "will steal some folks’ jobs” August 2nd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Steelers expecting Najee Harris to be 3-down back July 27th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Steelers activate Eric Ebron from COVID-19 list for Wild Card game January 8th, 2021
- Steelers suggest Josh Dobbs could be involved Sunday January 5th, 2021
- Steelers place Eric Ebron on reserve/COVID-19 list January 2nd, 2021