Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) not expected to play Week 16
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen (hamstring) is not expected to play in the team's Week 16 game against the Denver Broncos.
Allen was able to struggle through his hamstring injury and suit up for last week's game against the Las Vegas Raiders, but he was clearly bothered by the injury; he finished that game with an uncharacteristic 1 catch for 17 yards while playing on under 50% of the team's snaps. Already out of playoff contention, the Chargers would likely be best suited letting their star receiver rest and recover in a near-meaningless game.
The Chargers' receiver depth chart gets pretty thin behind Allen and teammate Mike Williams, and with Hunter Henry on the reserve/COVID-19 list, expect the offense to run through Williams and running back Austin Ekeler in Week 16. Williams has a $5,700 salary on FanDuel this week and is projected for 8.7 fantasy points.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Chargers' Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to miss Chargers' finale December 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler catches touchdown in tight win over Denver December 28th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) inactive for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) not expected to play Week 16 December 27th, 2020