James Robinson (ankle) expects to play for Jaguars versus Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson (ankle) told head coach Doug Marrone that he feels like he will play in Sunday's Week 16 game against the Chicago Bears.
Marrone says the Jaguars will play it safe with Robinson at practice this week after he suffered an ankle injury in Week 15 against the Baltimore Ravens. The undrafted rookie was limited in practice last week by a knee issue, so his body may be wearing down after racking up 289 touches (third-most in the league this season) over his first 14 games. Devine Ozigbo would likely fill in as the Jaguars' primary runner if Robinson is unavailable, but Dare Ogunbowale would probably see most of the pass-catching work. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Jaguars are currently 7.5-point underdogs versus the Bears.
The Bears rank 10th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position this season and have the ninth-best run defense in numberFire's efficiency rankings. Robinson has a salary of $6,800 on FanDuel's Week 16 slate.
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville names Urban Meyer as head coach January 14th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Colts January 1st, 2021
- Jacksonville's D.J. Chark (shin) remains out on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (shin) misses practice Wednesday, uncertain for season finale December 30th, 2020
- Mike Glennon will finish out Jaguars' season under center December 30th, 2020