49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad
The San Francisco 49ers signed Josh Rosen to their active roster from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad on Tuesday.
Rosen, a former first round pick, will fill in as the 49ers backup for Week 16's game against the Arizona Cardinals. With Nick Mullens (elbow) and Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) both sidelined, the 49ers were rumored to be in the market for a backup for Week 16, and they have now made their move. Rosen is expected to be an emergency option only, with C.J. Beathard getting the start against the Cardinals.
Beathard's Week 16 projection includes 119.5 passing yards, 0.7 touchdowns, 0.5 interceptions, and 7.2 FanDuel points.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020
- 49ers activate George Kittle (foot) from injured reserve, available for Week 16's game against Cardinals December 24th, 2020
- 49ers sign Josh Rosen from Tampa Bay's practice squad December 22nd, 2020