Lions' Matthew Stafford (ribs) wrapping up week without practice
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (ribs) is not practicing again Friday.
Stafford did not practice this week, but Lions interim head coach Darrell Bevell previously said that wouldn't prevent Stafford from playing in Sunday's Week 15 game against the Tennessee Titans. It ultimately may come down to a game-time call for the veteran quarterback. Chase Daniel, who came off the bench in relief last week, will make his first start since 2013 if Stafford is unavailable. That would be a significant downgrade for Marvin Jones, T.J. Hockenson, D'Andre Swift, and the entire Lions' offense.
After Stafford exited last Sunday, Jones, Hockenson, and D'Andre Swift each led the Lions with a 33.3 percent target share. The Titans are allowing the fifth-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021