Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) limited for Miami again
Miami Dolphins running back Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) practiced on a limited basis Thursday.
Ahmed is progressing toward a return after missing the last two games. The Dolphins activated Matt Breida from the reserve/COVID-19 list, so they may be getting two of their backs back for Sunday's Week 15 matchup against the New England Patriots. The Dolphins may wind up using a three-way committee between Ahmed, Breida, and DeAndre Washington if they all are active. Myles Gaskin, meanwhile, is expected to remain on the COVID-19 list through Week 15.
The Dolphins' backfield will be matched up with a Patriots defense that ranks 14th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position and 24th in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted defensive rankings. Ahmed ranks 47th in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry out of 88 backs with at least 25 carries this season.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Dolphins' Jakeem Grant (hamstring) out for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker (hamstring) active for Dolphins in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Miami's Jakeem Grant (hamstring) questionable in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Dolphins designate DeVante Parker (hamstring) as questionable for Week 17's game against Bills January 1st, 2021
- Dolphins place Ryan Fitzpatrick on COVID-19 reserve list, ruled out for Week 17's game against Bills December 31st, 2020