Julian Edelman (knee) returns to Patriots practice
The New England Patriots designated wide receiver Julian Edelman (knee) to return from injured reserve.
Edelman practiced on Wednesday for the first time since landing on injured reserve after Week 7. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick called Edelman "day-to-day," so the veteran wideout may be able to return for Sunday's matchup against the Miami Dolphins. Edelman averaged 7.2 targets over the first month of the season but will likely have a reduced role down the stretch.
In four games since N'Keal Harry returned to the Patriots' lineup, Damiere Byrd has led the offense with a 26.4 percent target share. Jakobi Meyers is second (20.9) and Harry is third (17.6 percent). The Patriots face a Miami Dolphins defense in Week 15 that ranks 20th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the wide receiver position this season.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Patriots adding Hunter Henry to offseason haul March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne March 15th, 2021
- Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor March 15th, 2021
- Cam Newton re-signs with Patriots for one year, $14 million March 12th, 2021
- New England's Damien Harris (ankle) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (ankle) limited in practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020