Matthew Stafford (ribs) could play for Lions without practice
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford could play in Sunday's Week 15 game against the Tennessee Titans without practicing, per interim head coach Darrell Bevell.
Stafford didn't practice Wednesday and Bevell said the Lions will take the decision to the end of the week. The Lions reportedly aren't "overly optimistic" about Stafford's chances to play this week against the Titans. Chase Daniel came off the bench in relief on Sunday and will likely start if Stafford is unavailable. Daniel's last start came in 2013.
After Stafford exited last Sunday, Jones, Hockenson, and D'Andre Swift each led the Lions with a 33.3 percent target share. The Titans are allowing the sixth-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021