Dolphins' Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) in non-contact jersey
Miami Dolphins running back Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) practiced in a non-contact jersey Wednesday.
Ahmed is progressing toward a return after missing the last two games. The Dolphins activated Matt Breida from the reserve/COVID-19 list, so they may be getting two of their backs back for Sunday's Week 15 matchup against the New England Patriots. Ahmed, Breida, and DeAndre Washington could all be involved in some fashion. Myles Gaskin, meanwhile, is expected to remain on the COVID-19 list through Week 15.
The Dolphins' backfield will be matched up with a Patriots defense that ranks 14th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position and 24th in numberFire's scheduled-adjusted defensive rankings. Ahmed ranks 47th in Rushing Net Expected Points per carry out of 88 backs with at least 25 carries this season.
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- Rapoport: Raiders reportedly release offensive guard Richie Incognito March 6th, 2021
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Dolphins' Jakeem Grant (hamstring) out for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker (hamstring) active for Dolphins in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Miami's Jakeem Grant (hamstring) questionable in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Dolphins designate DeVante Parker (hamstring) as questionable for Week 17's game against Bills January 1st, 2021
- Dolphins place Ryan Fitzpatrick on COVID-19 reserve list, ruled out for Week 17's game against Bills December 31st, 2020