Panthers also putting Curtis Samuel on COVID-19 list
The Carolina Panthers placed wide receiver Curtis Samuel on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
Samuel joins D.J. Moore on the list. It's not clear if they tested positive themselves or have been deemed close contacts, but it creates doubt about their statuses for Week 14 against the Denver Broncos. Robby Anderson would be the only Panthers' receiver with extended NFL experience if Samuel and Moore are both unavailable. That could lead to the Panthers' backfield being more involved as pass-catchers. Ian Thomas could also see additional opportunities if Carolina is short-handed.
Samuel's 16.2 percent target share is third on the Panthers behind Anderson (26.2) and Moore (22.8). He's also averaging 2.5 carries per contest. The Broncos are allowing the 12th-fewest FanDuel points per game to the wide receiver position this season.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery January 4th, 2021
- Panthers' Teddy Bridgewater replaced by P.J. Walker in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Carolina's Mike Davis (ankle) will not play in Week 17's matchup against Saints January 1st, 2021
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) fully practices on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) DNP on Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints December 30th, 2020