Giants place Devonta Freeman (ankle) on Reserve/COVID-19 list
New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman has been placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
This doesn't necessarily mean that Freeman tested positive - he simply could have been in close contact with someone that did. In any case, he'll now likely be required to quarantine for at least a few days as he tries to clear the NFL's protocols. Of course, Freeman is on injured reserve with an ankle injury, so he was set to miss Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks anyway. Wayne Gallman and Dion Lewis will continue to lead the backfield.
Seattle currently ranks 12th in the NFL in adjusted net expected points allowed per run play.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) inactive as expected for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Giants list Golden Tate (calf) as doubtful in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Giants' Golden Tate (calf) practicing on side Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Sterling Shepard scores for Giants in season-best showing December 28th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) active for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle, hamstring) to start in Week 16 December 26th, 2020