Carson Wentz continues to struggle, Eagles lose to Seahawks
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz completed 25-of-45 passes for 215 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception in a 23-17, Week 12 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night.
Wentz was also sacked six times and he maintained his league-lead with a 15th interception. The former No. 2 overall pick boosted his line by connecting with Richard Rodgers for a meaningless 33-yard Hail Mary touchdown with less than a minute remaining in the fourth quarter. He also added some value on the ground with his third-most rushing yards (42) of the year. One possible silver lining for Wentz is that Jalen Hurts only played two snaps.
Wentz scored 19.8 FanDuel points in Week 12, his highest total since Week 7. He is adding the third-fewest Passing Net Expected Points in the NFL among quarterbacks with at least 100 dropbacks, ahead of only Sam Darnold and Jake Luton. Wentz's adjusted completion percentage is sixth-worst among quarterbacks with at least a quarter of their team's dropbacks, ahead of Mitchell Trubisky, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock, Joe Flacco, and Darnold.
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad, finger) active for Sunday's showdown with Saints January 17th, 2021
- Eagles fire head coach Doug Pederson January 11th, 2021
- Eagles' Jalen Reagor (head) will not return in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Alshon Jeffery among Eagles' inactives for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Carson Wentz a healthy scratch in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (knee) ruled out for Week 17's game against Washington January 1st, 2021
- Philadelphia's Dallas Goedert (ankle) sidelined for Week 17's contest against Washington January 1st, 2021