Chargers' Austin Ekeler handles feature back workload against Bills in Week 12
Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler recorded 14 carries for 44 rushing yards with 11 receptions on 16 targets for 85 receiving yards in a 17-27 loss to the Buffalo Bills in Week 12.
Ekeler immediately erased any concerns of limitations from his multi-week absence in this one, handling 25 touches in his first game back. He saw 63.6% of the Chargers running back carries and commanded an absurd target share of 31.3% on the team's 51 pass attempts. He led the Chargers in targets, receptions, and receiving yards and returned to a larger role than the one he left, in a much better offense. The only thing Ekeler didn't produce in Week 12 was touchdowns, but those should come. Most importantly, he appeared to make it through the game without any setbacks and is positioned to thrive in the Chargers' offense down the stretch. Next up for Ekeler and the Chargers is a meeting with the New England Patriots in Week 13.
Ekeler scored 18.4 FanDuel points in Week 12, 3.1 more than numberFire's projection (15.3). Our models project him for 16.2 FanDuel points against the Patriots in Week 13.
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (concussion) still uncertain for AFC Championship against Bills January 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Antonio Brown day-to-day for Buccaneers with minor knee injury January 19th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Chargers' Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to miss Chargers' finale December 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler catches touchdown in tight win over Denver December 28th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) inactive for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) not expected to play Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Joey Bosa (concussion, shin) ruled out for Week 16 clash with Broncos December 25th, 2020