Eagles could feature Jalen Hurts more on Monday
The Philadelphia Eagles are "expected to" feature second-round draft pick Jalen Hurts more during their Monday night game against the Seattle Seahawks, Ian Rapoport reports.
Hurts, a second-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, has seen very little playing time behind teammate Carson Wentz, despite Wentz's immense struggles this season. Rapoport added that it's "unlikely that Hurts... will get to take an entire series," but that the rookie did have an increased role in the team's practices this week and "should see his most significant snaps yet."
The Eagles have stuck with Wentz even while Wentz has led the league in interceptions (14) and fumbles (10) for most of the season. Hurts has yet to breach double digit snaps in any game so far this season and has only attempted 2 passes, but he did complete those passes for a total of 27 yards. He has also added 12 rushes for 56 yards.
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (concussion) still uncertain for AFC Championship against Bills January 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Antonio Brown day-to-day for Buccaneers with minor knee injury January 19th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Eagles fire head coach Doug Pederson January 11th, 2021
- Eagles' Jalen Reagor (head) will not return in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Alshon Jeffery among Eagles' inactives for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Carson Wentz a healthy scratch in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (knee) ruled out for Week 17's game against Washington January 1st, 2021
- Philadelphia's Dallas Goedert (ankle) sidelined for Week 17's contest against Washington January 1st, 2021