Drew Lock, Broncos’ quarterbacks reportedly ineligible to play Sunday versus Saints due to high risk
All of the quarterbacks on the Denver Broncos will not be eligible to play this Sunday in the team's game against the New Orleans Saints, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Backup signal caller Jeff Driskel was placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list after testing positive, and as a result, the three remaining quarterbacks within the franchise were all pulled from Saturday's practice due to their close contact. Now, none will be able to suit up in Sunday's game, which for the moment is still on, according to Mike Klis of NBC Denver. He also speculates that running back Royce Freeman would likely operate as the emergency quarterback, and fellow rushers Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay could see extended time in the Wildcat Formation. Keep an eye out for any updates on this situation - the NFL could end up postponing the game if needed.
The Saints currently rank 10th in numberFire's adjusted net expected points allowed per play statistic, and that number jumps to 8th on just passing plays.
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (calf) active for Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay February 7th, 2021
- Denver's K.J. Hamler (concussion) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Raiders January 1st, 2021
- Broncos' KJ Hamler (concussion) doesn't practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) will not return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) questionable to return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos place Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) on injured reserve December 26th, 2020
- Denver's Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) ruled out for Week 16's matchup against Chargers December 25th, 2020