Sam Darnold (shoulder) returning to Jets practice Wednesday
New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold (shoulder) will return to practice on Wednesday.
Jets head coach Adam Gase said Darnold will do "quite a bit" in his first practice since Week 8. The quarterback seems on track to return for Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins. Joe Flacco will revert to backup duties if Darnold is cleared. Darnold had under 150 passing yards in each of his last two games and his last touchdown pass came in Week 3. His return isn't much of an upgrade for the Jets' pass-catchers, though Jamison Crowder did draw 10-plus targets in his first four games this season with Darnold under center.
Darnold is returning against a Dolphins defense that has the best pass defense in the league, according to numberFire's efficiency metrics. Miami's D/ST has a salary of $5,000 on FanDuel's main slate, the highest at the position in Week 12.
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (concussion) still uncertain for AFC Championship against Bills January 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Antonio Brown day-to-day for Buccaneers with minor knee injury January 19th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Jets fire Adam Gase following Week 17's loss to New England January 3rd, 2021
- La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale December 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder throws, catches touchdown as Jets win again December 28th, 2020
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (calf) active for Week 15 December 20th, 2020
- Jets' La'Mical Perine (ankle) remains on injured reserve for Week 15 December 19th, 2020