Vikings' Adam Thielen (COVID-19) receives positive and negative test results
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 on Monday following a positive test but a second test came back negative.
The additional information that Thielen tested positive is important because it would likely indicate a longer stay on the reserve list compared to being a close contact or high-risk close contact with someone else who tested positive. However, the presence of a negative test indicates that the initial positive may have been a false positive. If that's the case, Thielen could be cleared much faster and resume a normal week. At the moment, Thielen's status remains up in the air, with a wide range of outcomes possible. Stay tuned.
The Vikings are 4.5-point favorites over the Carolina Panthers in Week 12. Their implied team total of 26.5 points is the sixth-highest team total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Alexander Mattison (concussion) not listed on Minnesota's Week 17 injury report January 1st, 2021
- Minnesota's Alexander Mattison (concussion) participates in Wednesday's practice December 30th, 2020
- Dalvin Cook away from Vikings for family emergency, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Vikings' Kyle Rudolph (foot) placed on injured reserve December 29th, 2020
- Vikings' Alexander Mattison (concussion) ruled out for Friday's matchup against New Orleans December 24th, 2020
- Minnesota's Kyle Rudolph (foot) out for Week 16's game against Saints December 24th, 2020