Washington's Alex Smith providing "invaluable" support to the offense's play calls
Washington Football Team quarterback Alex Smith has settled in as the team's starter and is providing "invaluable" support at the line by adjusting play calls, according to Ron Rivera.
Rivera said Smith often makes decisions pre-snap that result in Washington's offensive coordinator Scott Turner saying "That's a heck of a decision". Rivera also said that "those things are invaluable. When they talk about that, the other quarterbacks in the room, they hear what's being said about those plays. The rest of the team will hear that. They'll know and will have trust in what Alex can do for us.". Smith will have a chance to lend his experience to a critical showdown with the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Fighting for the NFC East, Smith will face a Cowboys defense ranked 23rd against quarterbacks.
The Washington Football Team is 2.5-point underdogs against the Cowboys in Week 12. Their implied team total of 22.0 points is the second-lowest team total on Thursday's three-game slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map. Our models project Smith for 15.8 FanDuel points in Week 12, and he is the QB24 in our weekly rankings.
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (concussion) still uncertain for AFC Championship against Bills January 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Antonio Brown day-to-day for Buccaneers with minor knee injury January 19th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (toe) will not require surgery January 10th, 2021
- Washington's Taylor Heinecke starting under center on Saturday January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) inactive for Washington in Saturday's Wild Card game January 9th, 2021
- Alex Smith (calf) upgraded as Washington prepares for Buccaneers January 7th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (ankle) returns to Football Team practice January 7th, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (toe) limited on Wednesday January 6th, 2021