Jets put La'Mical Perine (ankle) on injured reserve
The New York Jets placed running back Lamical Perine on injured reserve with a high-ankle sprain.
Perine will miss a minimum of three games. It's disappointing timing after Jets head coach Adam Gase claimed he wanted to feature Perine more over the final stretch of the season. He rushed 8 times for 33 yards and a touchdown in Week 11 on just 11 offensive snaps before injuring his ankle. The Jets signed Josh Adams to the active roster to replace Perine, but Frank Gore stands to benefit the most.
Perine was averaging 10.2 opportunities over the last five games. He has earned the fifth-worst rushing grade from Pro Football Focus this season among the 60 backs with at least 50 carries. Gore is 47th.
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Packers' AJ Dillon (quadricep) limited in practice Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as limited on Kansas City's Wednesday practice report January 20th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) limited participant in Wednesday's practice January 20th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) not practicing Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Patrick Mahomes (concussion) having 'very light' practice with Chiefs Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Jets fire Adam Gase following Week 17's loss to New England January 3rd, 2021
- La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale December 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder throws, catches touchdown as Jets win again December 28th, 2020
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (calf) active for Week 15 December 20th, 2020
- Jets' La'Mical Perine (ankle) remains on injured reserve for Week 15 December 19th, 2020