Jets' La'Mical Perine has high-ankle sprain
New York Jets running back La'Mical Perine suffered a high-ankle sprain in Week 11 against the Los Angeles Chargers, head coach Adam Gase announced.
The injury likely explains why Perine played fewer than 20.0 percent of the Jets' offensive snaps for the first time since Week 4. He still rushed 8 times for 33 yards and a touchdown on the limited playing time, so the Jets may have actually intended on using Perine as a feature back as they claimed. Frank Gore will likely see an uptick in work Week 12 versus the Miami Dolphins if Perine is unavailable.
Perine and Gore are both averaging 3.6 yards per carry and are within 0.2 yards of each other in average yards after contact per rush attempt. The Dolphins have emerged as a bit of a run-funnel defense, as they have the best pass defense based on numberFire's efficiency metrics but rank 16th against the run.
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Packers' AJ Dillon (quadricep) limited in practice Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as limited on Kansas City's Wednesday practice report January 20th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) limited participant in Wednesday's practice January 20th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) not practicing Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Rapoport: Patrick Mahomes (concussion) having 'very light' practice with Chiefs Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Jets fire Adam Gase following Week 17's loss to New England January 3rd, 2021
- La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale December 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder throws, catches touchdown as Jets win again December 28th, 2020
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (calf) active for Week 15 December 20th, 2020
- Jets' La'Mical Perine (ankle) remains on injured reserve for Week 15 December 19th, 2020