Melvin Gordon gains 84 yards, scores twice in Broncos victory
Denver Broncos running back Melvin Gordon rushed 15 times for 84 yards and 2 touchdowns in a 20-13, Week 11 win over the Miami Dolphins.
Gordon saw one fewer carry than Phillip Lindsay but he gained two more yards and was given all six of the Broncos' running back carries inside the red zone, which yielded both of his touchdowns. He nearly had a third but the refs ruled that Gordon fumbled the ball before crossing the goal line. It was the first time this season Gordon rushed for at least 50 yards in a game Lindsay played at least 35.0 percent of the offensive snaps. The Dolphins have emerged as a bit of a run-funnel defense, but Gordon and the Broncos may find fewer running lanes in Week 12 against a New Orleans Saints defense that just held Todd Gurley to a season-low 26 rushing yards on Sunday.
Gordon scored 18.4 FanDuel points in Week 11, his second-highest total of the season. He's averaging the eighth-fewest yards per touch among all players with at least 100 touches this season. The Saints are allowing the fewest FanDuel points per game to the running back position this season.
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) ruled out for Saturday's playoff matchup against Packers January 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Mark Ingram not expected to play in Saturday's Divisional playoff contest against Bills January 16th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021
- Saints list Latavius Murray (quad) as questionable for Sunday's Divisional playoff contest against Buccaneers January 15th, 2021
- Mike Evans (knee) hoping to be closer to 100 percent for Buccaneers in Divisional Round January 15th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's Divisional playoff injury report January 15th, 2021
- Denver's K.J. Hamler (concussion) ruled out for Week 17's contest against Raiders January 1st, 2021
- Broncos' KJ Hamler (concussion) doesn't practice Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) will not return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler (concussion) questionable to return in Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Broncos place Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) on injured reserve December 26th, 2020
- Denver's Phillip Lindsay (hip, knee) ruled out for Week 16's matchup against Chargers December 25th, 2020