Saints place Drew Brees (ribs) on injured reserve
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (ribs) was placed on the injured reserve list on Friday.
This was always a possibility for Brees after tests this week confirmed multiple rib fractures and a collapsed lung. Earlier this week, his timeline for a potential return was set at 2-3 weeks in a best-case scenario, and today's move guarantees Brees will miss at least three games. The earliest he could return is Week 14's game against the Philadelphia Eagles. This Week's clash with the Atlanta Falcons will provide a clearer picture of what the Saints' quarterback situation will look like until Brees returns, with Sean Payton refusing to name a starter on Friday.
The Saints are 3.5-point favorites over the Atlanta Falcons in Week 11. Their implied team total of 26.75 points is the fifth-highest team total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad, finger) active for Sunday's showdown with Saints January 17th, 2021
- Update: Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (concussion) will not return against Browns January 17th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints activate Tre'Quan Smith (ankle) from injured reserve on Saturday January 16th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021