Taysom Hill reportedly starting for Saints versus Falcons over Jameis Winston
New Orleans Saints offensive swiss-army knife Taysom Hill will start at quarterback against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 11 on Sunday, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Hill, 30, will make his first career start at quarterback after taking all the starter reps at practice this week. Jameis Winston will be the Saints' backup. It's a somewhat shocking development after Winston stepped in at quarterback for Drew Brees (ribs) last week while Hill didn't even attempt a pass. Hill has completed 10-of-18 passes in his NFL career for 205 yards with no touchdowns and 1 interception. The situation is as good as one could hope for against one of the worst secondaries in the league, but Hill starting over Winston is a downgrade for all of New Orleans' skill players. However, Hill should be started at tight end in every single fantasy format.
Hill has a salary of just $4,500 on FanDuel in Week 11 and is eligible at tight end, giving him astronomical value. He does have a much higher average depth of target (9.2 yards) than Brees (5.9) this season, so the Saints' receivers may have more opportunities to make plays downfield. The Falcons are allowing the most FanDuel points per game to quarterbacks (26.8) as signal-callers are averaging 7.2 more points against Atlanta over their season-long averages. They have given up at least 29 fantasy points to quarterbacks five times this season and only one quarterback has been held below 18 fantasy points.
- Mike Evans (knee) hoping to be closer to 100 percent for Buccaneers in Divisional Round January 15th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's Divisional playoff injury report January 15th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Kansas City's Sammy Watkins (calf) ruled out for Sunday's Divisional playoff matchup against Browns January 15th, 2021
- Leonard Fournette will start for Buccaneers against Saints January 15th, 2021
- Ronald Jones (quad) a game-time call for Buccaneers on Sunday January 15th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021
- Saints list Latavius Murray (quad) as questionable for Sunday's Divisional playoff contest against Buccaneers January 15th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) remains sidelined on Thursday January 14th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) doesn't practice Wednesday January 13th, 2021
- Saints activate Alvin Kamara from COVID-19 reserve list, will play in Sunday's Wild Card contest against Bears January 9th, 2021
- Saints activate Latavius Murray from COVID-19 reserve list, eligible for Sunday's playoff matchup against Bears January 6th, 2021