Kalen Ballage named Chargers' 'primary back'
Los Angeles Chargers running back Kalen Ballage will most likely be the "primary back" moving forward, head coach Anthony Lynn said.
Ballage has emerged as the Chargers' lead back the past two weeks with 42 combined opportunities. He rushed 18 times for 68 yards in Week 10 and paced the Chargers with 5 receptions (6 targets) for 34 yards. Austin Ekeler (hamstring) will undoubtedly take back over as the Chargers' No. 1 back when he returns, but Ballage will lead the way until then. He gets a fantastic matchup in Week 11 against his former team in the New York Jets.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Chargers have a fantasy-friendly implied total (28 points) as 8.5-point home favorites against a Jets defense allowing the seventh-most (23.7) FanDuel points per game to opposing running backs this season. That all adds up to a potential smash spot for Ballage. He is the RB14 in numberFire's Week 11 fantasy rankings and has a salary of $5,800 on FanDuel's main slate.
- Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes in concussion protocol on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Bucs' designate Vita Vea (ankle) to return from injured reserve January 18th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (knee) undergoing MRI on Monday January 18th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (quad, finger) active for Sunday's showdown with Saints January 17th, 2021
- Chargers' Hunter Henry (COVID-19 reserve) remains sidelined in Week 17 January 1st, 2021
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) expected to miss Chargers' finale December 30th, 2020
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler catches touchdown in tight win over Denver December 28th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) inactive for Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (hamstring) not expected to play Week 16 December 27th, 2020
- Chargers' Joey Bosa (concussion, shin) ruled out for Week 16 clash with Broncos December 25th, 2020